Living Wall Planters are a side planting system that can be hung alone or in multiples. These affordable 14″ square planters group together seamlessly, creating a dramatic floral presentation that fits any size area.
A single 14” Wall Planter holds 18 individual plants, including nine front plants, six side plants and three top edging plants. J-Hooks hold single planters away from the wall, allowing for air circulation. A very important feature of the living wall planter is the replaceable coco-liners, which begs the question: what is a coco-liner?
Coco-liners, also known as coconut coir, is a natural fiber made from the husk of ripe coconuts. In addition for use for planting, this fiber is also used in a variety of products, such as floor mats and brushes.
- Coconut fiber can hold a great deal of water and release it slowly, allowing plant roots to better absorb the moisture.
- Water saving coconut liners provides good drainage.
- They are porous, which allows for good aeration.
- These liners are very absorbent, so if hanging baskets or planters become too dry, they will quickly re-absorb water.
- The organic material of coconut coir contains a neutral pH (6.0-6.7) and small amounts of beneficial phosphorus and potassium.
- Many coconut basket liners contain antifungal properties, which can help discourage disease.
Pamela Crawford Living Wall Replacement Liners have 9 front holes and 6 side holes for 14″ x 14″ x 5″ basket. The hole has slits on the side, so the plant won’t fall out after planting, and allow mature plants to be pushed through the sides for an instant look. The wire frames that complete the “Living Wall” are sold separately.